Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Named Driver - Irish family member

Options
  • 24-07-2023 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Hi - has anyone recently renewed their car insurance in the UK and tried to get an Irish resident (family member) as a named driver ? I've been able to do this in the past and always had my dad as a named driver on my car insurance, so that when he visits me in the UK he can use the car, but now I can't seem to add him as he is not a UK resident? I also can't add him on any 'temporary' insurances (for 1 week, for example). Other than a hire car, are there any options ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,874 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Can you get "Open drive"? Anyone with a full licence aged between 25 and 70 can drive your car, just check on residency requirements.

Advertisement