Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competitive gymnastics fees?

Options
  • 24-07-2023 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi everyone,

I'm curious about the fee structure for kids in competitive gymnastics in Ireland. We are looking to move there from overseas down the road (North America) and I was hoping for some info on costing. The websites of the various clubs in cities I've researched don't post the hourly fees for competitive so its a bit of a mystery whether it's cheaper or more expensive than what we pay now. I know I could call around but thought I'd ask here first since we don't know what town we'll ultimately settle down in yet and I don't want to bother the busy staff at the gyms if I don't have to.

Any general info also greatly appreciated from parents with kids in competitive as I'm sure the levels and pathways may be quite different from over here! We are looking specifically at gyms with a MAG program, fyi.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Stevie S

It's about €6 an hour, ~6 hours a week during school semesters and ~9 hours during school holidays. That's based on 2 clubs I've experience of in South Dublin / North Wicklow

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sundgauer

That's fairly reasonable, thanks for the response! I imagine those hours depend on the level? Or are kids generally given similar hours when competing through a club? I ask because we do around 12 hours/week right now and that's at a very low level.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Stevie S

More detail. Ours is WAG rather than MAG but doubt that makes a difference.

It's U7 but I do think there are some older kids in the club who do the same hours and compete in the National series.

I'm not an expert by any means but at the National Series competition she attended in March in National Sports arena (and medaled...) there was only 1 level for U7 so I doubt at that age there's any club doing more hours for that age. The winner was from the same club.

Presume the hours go up if you continue to progress

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sundgauer

That's very helpful, I appreciate it!

Advertisement