Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal to get trains again? I'll believe it when I see it

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭babybuilder

Get Sligo-Galway done first and we'll see.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Siigo-Galway (well, Coolooney-Claremorris) is not in the plan. Its never coming back.

That line is unsalvageable - built as a public works scheme to light rail standards, not a serious project.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Breaking News

New Donegal railway to be powered by methane from specially bred flying pigs

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Ronald Binge Redux

It will happen. The Derry - Letterkenny corridor has more traffic than Dundalk - Newry. The population isn't standing still either. Thinking that it is still 1960 with a declining population increasingly wedded to cars isn't going to cut the mustard any more.

Post edited by Ronald Binge Redux on

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Joe 90

I can just remember being brought to the station in Buncrana to see a train. Very early 50s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Is there an election coming up?

Advertisement