Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Optical Express

Options
  • 23-07-2023 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭

Would love to hear from people who’ve had recent experience with OE. I’ve a consultation with them shortly, my health insurance provides for a 15% discount with them.

in terms of the initial consultation, I see they mention that you should arrange a lift home as you may experience blurred vision. I’d love to know how likely this is to occur. I’ve baby twins and have arranged for them to be minded but will be tricky for me to arrange a lift to and from also

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

I've my first consultation with them soon too. But I 've had all the scans before so can say that you shouldn't drive afterwards. They use eye drops to dilate the pupils so your vision will be blurred and if it's sunny it'll be uncomfortable even with sunglasses so it could be dangerous to drive.

...just noticed your post is there a while. Did you have the consultation and how did it go?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

Yes, had my consultation with them. Actually think I would have been fine driving but organised a lift anyway.

Im going ahead with lasik surgery later this month, really looking forward to a future with no contacts/glasses hopefully (save for reading glasses).

Hope your consultation goes well!

I hope the surgery went well blacklilly and you're enjoying your new eyesight.

Post edited by sudzs on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

yes, I’m really happy with results, keep thinking “oh I must change my contact lenses”!!!

Found the procedure itself tricky and wouldn’t class myself squeamish usually, but that’s just me. My eyes felt uncomfortable for the evening I had the procedure but by next morning we’re much improved.

Did you decide to go ahead?

I had botched LASEK on one eye 5 years ago so can only fix it now with lens replacement. But very pleased with the results in my good eye. 😅

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭DJB030244

I’ve an appointment with them in Dublin next week . Would be interested to hear opinions on them in advance

Thinking of cancelling now and trying Optilase instead after just reading a few bad reviews about upselling etc

Advertisement