Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Change of ownership of a car

Options
  • 23-07-2023 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi all,

When buying a used car, a seller and a buyer need to sign a VRC and it has to be sent to Department of transport.

On Citizen information it's written that it's the responsibility of the seller to send it.

I was wondering, would it make any difference if I, as a buyer, would send a "logbook" VRC to Department of transport?

The VRC is in my house and it's easier if I just send it rather than looking for him (previous owner) to post it?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,574 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Doesn't matter who sends the logbook

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭MobileState

On the form it's written to send it to Department of transport, Shannon, Co Clare but there is no street and number or eircode.

I guess I need to find their postal address online?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,184 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

No that's the full address, that's where I have always sent them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭w124man

As a seller you should always send the log book because the buyer might not and rack up thousands in toll fines/parking tickets/speeding fines. Never let the buyer send away the book!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Buffman

It doesn't matter who posts it. The best way to do it is for both seller and buyer to go to a postbox together and post it, no ambiguity then. It's Freepost so no stamp required either. Address below:

"Department of Transport - Shannon Office

Driver and Vehicle Computer Services Division

Shannon Town Centre

Shannon

Co. Clare

V14 P298"

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Advertisement
Advertisement