Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower unit question

Options
  • 23-07-2023 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hey all,

I'm looking at replacing my current shower which is something like this

https://www.sonasbathrooms.com/en/alita-bar-valve-kit-chrome.html

with one of these.....

https://www.heatandplumb.com/acatalog/delphi-stream-shower-tower-sy-n862

Wanted to see if anyone had

1. any reasons why it wouldn't work as a straight forward switch without needing to do any changes to the pipe work etc

2. Any experience with Synergy (who from what I can see are the manufacturer) equipment? Is it decent quality etc? Are those shower towers etc worth it?

TIA

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,266 ✭✭✭greasepalm

No link ??

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭nheav

• Registered Users Posts: 5,266 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Nice unit and does it also need a pump to bring up the pressure to get the best out of the shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 revelino70

Your current shower works under low pressure (0.2 bar), the Delphi Stream has a minimum operating pressure of 1.5 bar. You'll need a pump installed to operate this shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭nheav

Thanks all, apologies should have mentioned that we have a pump and plenty of pressure, so don't think that's an issue!

More compatibility etc?

Also hoping not to have to retyle the shower so thinking the new unit would also be able to cover all existing screw holes etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,940 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I have no idea if the pipe work will be the same but any alternations should be able to to be hidden behind the new unit. Another possibility is to attack it from the other side of the wall. This can be replastered much easier compared to patching up tiles

Advertisement