Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car rental in Cork

Options
  • 22-07-2023 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi folks, i am from County Antrim and will be travelling to Portgual in August, we are flying back to Cork for 2 nights then have to make it back to North of Ireland.

The plan is to rent a car for 2 days then drive to Dublin, leave off there and bus home.

All was good until i see in the fine print i have to leave £1500 deposit. Ive priced around and seems everyone looking a massive deposit

Has anyone any experience in this or perhaps someone from Cork could shed some light on if i actually need a car, we have three kids, so 5 of us. Looking to travel to kinsale for the day and just about the city. Maybe taxis/buses might be cheaper than the 200 euro it will be for the car (and fuel on top of that

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Definitely don't need a car. You can get a bus to Kinsale and back. Train to Fota/Cobh maybe then another day? We now even have a bus from the airport to town. All mod cons these days!

Advertisement