Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When is the vendor's PPS number shared with the buyer?

Options
  • 22-07-2023 8:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

It sounds tiny but our solicitors are in dispute and this might be one key sticking point. Our solicitor (we are buyers) wants the PPS number of the vendor ahead of signing contracts and exchange but the vendor's solicitor says it will be available on completion. No one seems to agree and we can't get an independent view. What is normal practice so we can suggest a reasonable solution?! Thanks in advance.

Post edited by jcaow on
    Tagged:

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 13,092 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

I have bought two houses, and I never saw the vendor's PPSN.

I hardly saw their name!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jcaow

Its less about me as the buyer seeing the PPS number but more about my solicitor's demand that they see it before completion. Anyway I think I've resolved that in the general conditions of the contract of sale it states it will be provided by the vendor prior or on completion so its definitely not needed until the later stages of the sale by my solicitor (as buyer). Thanks for responding!

Advertisement