Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eurosport subscription?

Options
  • 21-07-2023 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭

My Eurosport subscription seems to have lapsed (in the middle of the TdF which isn't ideal!). I didn't get any email warning or anything similar.

When I go to renew, it forces me to take a Discovery Plus subscription at 69.99 for the year (if I remember correctly, Eurosport was 39.99).

Does anyone know if there is any way to renew just Eurosport? I know that GCN Plus is also an option, but my wife watches tennis on Eurosport.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I have an annual pass. Due for renewal in October. Says next payment will be 39.99

It's always been automatic renewal for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Newtown90

GCN+ is €39.99 for the year... All the bikes you ever need!

Sorry no tennis though... I used have Discovery+ from India (VPN) if thats any interest as they broadcast the PGA aswell - worked out at around a €5 for the year + the cost of a VPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Mine had always renewed automatically too but turns out my credit card had expired. Trying to see if they will allow me to pay the normal subscription via customer service but I'm not optimistic

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Euppy

That happened to me a few years ago and I wrote to them and they apologised for not contacting me about card payment not happening and allowed me to go back on my original package.

Still paying €29.99 many years since.

So fingers crossed for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭this.lad

Just checked mine, rebewed in may for 39.99 and set to renew again next may at the same price.

Great for the bit of winter sports a d other abscure enough stull. That young lad loves the formula-e on it.

No Sky here.

• Advertisement

Their customer service isn't helping so far - three emails telling me I just need to add a new card, but no way to add a new card (unless I am missing something) without signing up to a new subscription. Only subscription option is Discovery Plus

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭this.lad

In the app click on the little person for your profile and manage my account at the end of the list

Thanks - doesn't work once your subscription has expired unfortunately (no field to add credit card details)

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭DM-BM

I was the same but this year it didn't renew, I think it has something to do with the changes made to eurosport player and app, so maybe want to watch that.

Thus far this customer support seems like one of the worst that I have ever dealt with.

I've asked if they can renew at the original terms given that I was never notified they were ending my subscription due to an expired card, and I don't want any of their extra Discovery Plus features. After five emails back and forth where they told me I had to renew my credit card details, and I explained each time (with screenshots attached to the last message) that there is no option to add credit card details to an account without a valid subscription, they then sent me a link to a PayPal page "Why is the payment I sent pending or unclaimed?" (I never used PayPal for my subscription).

Just keep your card up to date if you want to keep an existing Eurosport subscription

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭gmacww

I cancelled eurosport as they closed down the app for apple tv. Essentially I could no longer stream eurosport on my TV even though I could for laptop. They notified me of this change about 2 weeks after I renewed my yearly subscription. Called them and I had to get a subscription to discover plus. No longer any option to just have eurosport. So subscription cancelled and to be fair they refunded the money within 2 days. Money that was then diverted to a GCN+ sub even though their tv app has some seriously annoying quirks the stream quality is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭G1032

I have been subscribed to the GCN+ since launch. It was initially an absolute horror show. There was a list of issues a mile long. But credit where it's due, they have done wonders with it and it never gives me an issue now. Not on TV or phone.

Regards discovery plus........ Just checked subscription price there. 70 euro a year. Do you get the GCN original documentaries with that and the post race analysis as with GCN+

Also, is race coverage ad free?

On Eurosport you didn't get the GCN documentaries but you could get the ad-free race feed. A week later however and I still haven't managed to get them to resubscribe me

• Registered Users Posts: 14,743 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

if you have Sky, you may be able to get Disco+ as a reward via the MySky app.

Advertisement