Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VRT mistake with V5C - help?!

Options
  • 21-07-2023 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi all,

Hoping for some help with a mistake I likely made with purchasing a car in NI last week.

I bought a golf that was originally NI registered and has proof of being in the state before Jan '21 - no issues there so only VRT payable.

When purchasing the car yesterday I filled out the V5C with the seller. I filled in my address in ROI in the section for permanent export. I kept the "New Keeper" slip only, the seller kept the rest of the V5. I realized my mistake today, however the seller has already posted the V5 to the DVLA.

My question now is

1/ Will the DVLA post the V5 to me in ROI - googling suggests they wont.

2/ If the DVLA wont post the V5 to me, how do I gain a new V5 to get the car through the VRT?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Comments

Advertisement