Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new to forum - Hello. Looking to move to Co. Mayo any recommended builders?

Options
  • 21-07-2023 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello all!

I'm looking to take advantage of the Vacant homes grant and relocate from the UK and buy a house to do up and live in. Looking at a few derelict houses on Daft.ie etc - found a couple of possible ones but wanted to get the help of the folks on this forum...

Can anyone recommend some reputable builders with experience of complete renovation jobs in and around Mayo? - looking at some houses with land around Claremorris with the view to buy one to renovate and live in.

Anyone with an up-to-date opinion of Claremorris - whats it like? community spirit, things to do, places to visit and so on? I saw a previous thread on here regarding Claremorris but didn't want to drag it up as it's quote an old one.

Looking forward to everyone's input.

Many thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭MacDanger

Can't comment on what Claremorris is like tbh but it's a good central location.

I can PM you the name of a builder based in Cong if you like, we were going to go with him for our build but marginally picked someone Sligo-based instead. On the house front, it might be worth speaking to an architect/engineer first so that you have an idea of what you want to do with the house before speaking with a builder

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭muddle84

I lived in Claremorris for about 5 years before COVID. Its a great town to live in, hour from Sligo, hour from Galway, 2.5 hours from dublin airport, 1.5 hours from shannon airport, 20 minutes from knock airport.

The town has a few really good pubs, some really good restaurants. Has a decent leisure centre and gym along with Tesco, Lidl, Aldi & Supervalu.

Depending on what your into there is plenty to do as well, there used to be social dancing lessons and nights galore in the McWilliam hotel if thats your thing, if not there is regular men on the move groups, running groups, couch to 5k and that sort of thing at the running track. Then there is GAA soccer and a rugby club too with tag rugby and that sort of thing running regular enough. Apparently the golf course is top class too but I never played golf!

Advertisement