Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good quality sporty mens polo shirts?

Options
  • 21-07-2023 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I'm looking for descent quality Polo shirts for men.  Looking for the more sporty look and not formal. Preferably 100% cotton.  I usually buy Hollister and Hilfiger but would like to try some others.  Any suggestions both online and instore please?  Are the ones from Shein any use or is it a case of you get what you pay for?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭tinpib

Not really a polo shirt fan myself, but there were a bunch of them in TK Maxx last time I was there, at I assume good prices as well. Always worth checking out a store for men's clothes if there is one near you.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Movie Maestro

Cheers tinpib. Not a big fan of TK Maxx as it's very hit and miss but appreciate the feedback thanks🙂 I'm wondering what the quality is like from places like Shein?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

I like polos and prefer 100% cotton too. A lot of rubbish out there though which looks crap after just a few washes.

Good ones would be Lacoste 'sport' but they're very pricey.

Fatface are good quality too. Heavy cotton and looking well.

On the cheaper side I found Kappa ones quite good.

Cheers CalamariFritti, 100% agree, there is a lot of rubbish out there! Yeah Lacoste are pricey alright. I'll take a look at Kappa and Fatface thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭NSAman

Do NOT go Ralph Lauren, absolute garbage at a crazy price!

facionnable are nice (plus sales are on)

under armour do a nice sports polo for golf (although not cotton)

actually I have found that the longer lasting polos are not cotton and look better.

Rhoback are a little more expensive but last longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Bought a couple recently from Bexley while on holidays and very happy with them. Their website is https://www.bexley.com/

Wow, plenty of info there thanks NSAman, I'll check them all out😀

Huge selection, will definitely take a look thanks Ceist_Beag😎

• Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Second the Ralph Lauren suggestion. They look great in the shop and crap after three washes. Plus they have this longish back meant to be worn American style inside the pants. Looks really weird when worn over the pants.

@ CalamariFritti the washing problem has happened to me before so will be avoiding RL alright!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Charles Thyritt do great quality polos. Dunno if they're the type of thing you want,but there's a good deal of three for €99 ATM.

https://www.charlestyrwhitt.com/eu/home

• Registered Users Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I think I bought 2 from 2016 and still hold up pretty well despite a zillion washes. Popular enough online if you are nerdy enough to read the forums.

Advertisement