Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pyrite issues in Waterville Terrace, Dublin 15 ?

Options
  • 20-07-2023 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello Folks,

I've gone sale agreed on one of the apartments in Waterville Terrace and my bank is asking me for proof that there are no pyrite issues before I can receive my offer letter. My solicitor has asked the details from the management company and it's been a while but no response from them. What would be the best way to find this out ? If there were pyrite issues previously, were they fixed ?

Awaiting response.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,041 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

There was no pyrite in Waterville. I've lived here almost 20 years. There were rumours about the big tower blocks closer to the hospital but they were built by a different builder to most of Waterville and don't feel like part of the development.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 rdsdublin15

Hello @Caranica , are you referring to Waterville Terrace as the big tower blocks closer to the hospital built by a different builder ? I found an advert in the same block of apartments where I'm buying (in waterville terrace). The description of the advert says - "Malin Hall has just completed Pyrite remediation works and the building has been signed off as free of Pyrite and certified as structurally sound."

This shows that there were pyrite issues which were probably fixed. And hence, that's probably the reason my bank is asking me for documentation to ensure that there are no pyrite issues before they can give me the offer letter for mortgage. The only problem is that the management company is not replying to my solicitors emails and calls. 

• Registered Users Posts: 10,041 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

There were three builders involved in Waterville. Personally I'd only touch the Lydon clusters. They didn't build those towers.

Advertisement