Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2015 Skoda Octavia clutch

Options
  • 20-07-2023 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭

Looks like the clutch has gone in the car, can’t get it into gear apart from reverse which is pretty clunky.

It feels like the clutch to me so I got a couple of quotes, €750 estimate from one garage just for the clutch and €965 for the clutch and flywheel from another.

Should the flywheel be changed at the same time?

Also, the car was in a main dealer for an engine diagnostic a few months ago and I noticed a slight oil leak for a week or 2 after which then stopped, I wonder is there a possibility it’s related? It was to do with a sensor issue possibly on the crank but they couldn’t find the fault although whatever they did with the diagnostic has cleared that issue.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Best to get the flywheel done at the same time for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,415 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Which engine is it out of curiosity, some have DMF, some don’t, I’d assume yours doesn’t

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

1.6 diesel

• Registered Users Posts: 73,415 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I’m not that sure you’d actually need to do the flywheel then.

Advertisement