Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Unleaded super 95 octane ?

Options
  • 20-07-2023 7:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭

My 97 micra has above sticker beside petrol tank. With the new E10 petrol does translate to using the more expensive petrol ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭User1998

You can keep using the petrol you’ve always used

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

95 RON is the standard default petrol octane rating in Ireland, and the move to E10 hasn't changed this. Check with Nissan if you're unsure if your car is designed for E10 petrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭The Ging and I

Great, I will check with Nissan.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭MrCostington

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭mikeecho

All petrol sold will be a min 95ron and a max of E10

There's not much choice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

You can remove ethanol with water. Buy petrol in a big plastic jerry can and pour dyed water into the fuel and mix it up and wait 24 hours and then remove the water and ethanol. You also have to put a octane booster in as you removed a decent bit of octane when you remove the ethanol.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,463 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

If you're driving the car daily, shouldn't be much of an issue (besides for corroding the fuel lines). It could affect the carb too, but if you've been using E5 for the last while, any major issues would've popped up by now.

If you don't drive it often, that's where the issue of water ingestion may be the issue. I usel Lucan oil fuel additive to my tanks of the cars I don't drive a massive amount.

Advertisement