Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft Target/Range Shooting.

Options
  • 20-07-2023 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭

Is there anywhere in the Dublin area that still does target shooting - or somewhere were we can just head out and put some holes in paper targets? Google is not my friend in this. The only place that pops up won't let you bring your own equipment.

Something other than skirmishing - because I don't think I'd enjoy that. There's a couple of us that picked up a small collection of pistols and the odd rifle and would like to see what they can do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Unfortunately not ,the only place I can think of is Hobby Airsoft in ballymount they have a interactive small indoor range you can rent , you would fit more than two at a time,

There used to be an indoor Range that did paper target shooting but that closed a few years back

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭Dartz

Figured as much. I knew it existed a few years back alright. Oh well.

Hobbyairsoft's website don't mention a range rental. Anyway - we can always take turns. There's be 3-4 of us at most.

Try here

https://hobbyairsoft.ie/airsoft-hq/shooting-range-info

It's something lacking in the community an actual indoor range for plinking or setting up accurate guns ,I know some of the real shooting ranges in the UK will allow Airsoft and archery to be used in some areas for target shooting but none here that I know off.the too of my head

Might have to give that a try, actually. There's a risk I might walk out with more gear though.

Every time I went in to buy BB's or Gas/CO2 at MIA, I left with a new pistol, or what have you.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,447 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

One possible option is to call some of the Gun Ranges and see if they have a specific time of the week that their indoor/outdoor range would not be in use.

Then see what costs to maybe rent it for an hour and see if you can get enough interest to share that cost.

I know some ranges that have indoor Pistol ranges at 10m, 15m and 25m.

• Advertisement

I'd thought about that but they might say no.

For the time being, we ended up putting up some old Kingspan insulation boards as a backstop and hanging targets on them in the back garden. Neighbour popped a curious head out to see what the noise was. They had a laugh shooting the Type 89.

Boards absorbed all the BB's and stopped them bouncing out and about.

That's risky in itself legal wise , shooting in a garden with neighbours is a bad idea it can be considered brandishing a rif in a public place and could end up in court,

I'm an apartment dweller and id love to be able to shoot on a range midweek when the kids are in school,

It would be great if ranges were open to it ,it would be a way of bringing the two hobbies/Sports fresh Blood (bad pun) possibly a new line of income too if they were agreeable

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,447 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

[url=https://www.waterfordairsoft.ie/Shooting-Range]This may be relevant to my interest[/url]. Even if it's a bit of a distance to drive. Have a base I can use on the Hook anyway and it's only a float across Passage East.

• Advertisement
Advertisement