Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ordering from Mister-auto or Auto-doc.ie

Options
  • 19-07-2023 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭

Hi

Has anyone ordered items from Mister auto or auto doc and would there be any chance of extra duty or vat to be paid if items were ordered?

I have come across a rear suspension kit (pic below) for my car and was going to order it but i dont fancy being hit for customs charges if i ordered it.

A local motors factors can only seem to order the items as individual items rather than an all in one kit.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭b318isp

Stuff I ordered last year came from Europe, and no duty or VAT was applied - I paid on order, and that was that. That said, some of the stuff was for a LHD drive car - not relevant for you though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭zg3409

No extra cost, shipping can be high and parts can be slow. They are not a bit Irish.

You may get a dis out if you download their app and order through that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭cpoh1

Avoid is my recommendation from my experience. Wrong parts sent (simple items like a VW oil filter), poor customer service and shipping costs at your own expense even when wrong parts sent.

a decent local motorfactos will have everything you need at a similar price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭kdevitt

I've never had an issue with a mister-auto order - always got the right stuff and reasonably priced. Ordered shocks from autodoc two years back and they substituted the rears for a different brand without asking. They paid for it to be returned and processed a full refund - took a week or two all-in, but no major drama.

Just ordered some bits from autodoc again this week - brake discs and pads and a few other things. Generally like to shop local, but they were literally less than half the cheapest price available here, so bit of a no brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭Shoog

Mister auto can be painfully slow, I have waited 3 weeks for parts which come by a convoluted route.

Autodoc from Poland was less than a week, would recommend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭BlakeS94

Consider Winparts, I regularly order from them, shipping is about 12 quid but arrives in a week or so, never had an issue dealing with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭landmarkjohn

I use autodoc and I have used Mister-Auto in the past. About a week delivery I found.

Also used Winparts for oil which spilled and they refunded, good customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

I used Mister-Auto earlier this year, the website was a bit finnicky (didn't want to let me put in my address fully, among other things) but was otherwise OK. Item seemed to come from France so no customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Buffman

I've been using Mister-Auto for years without issue. As long as you're not in a rush for parts it's grand, expect upto 10-14 days delivery unless you pay more for a priority order. It all comes from EU so no hassle and is owned by PSA Group.

Try and order from the app if possible as app prices are slightly cheaper than web. Spending over €49 gets free delivery and over €79 gets 10% off.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,276 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

I've used Mister Auto a few times with no issues. Had one box arrive with the oil bust open which got on the air filter. Refunded both straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭shane b

Thanks for the feed back everyone, ill probably order the parts shortly and im not in a major rush with them. Just need to double check part numbers in the kit match up.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭shane b

I ordered the parts from Autodoc in the end and the parts arrived 8 days after ordering. Parts seem to be the correct type and were dispatched from Poland. Time will tell on the quality of the items. Ordered a number of headlight bulbs too as less than half the price here. Quite happy with the bulbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,264 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Autodoc pricing is very very good as long as you are ordering enough to take you over the limit for free delivery. Otherwise delivery is something like 30 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭griffin100

I order 4 shocks off Autodoc a couple of months ago at a fraction of the main dealer price here and they came in about 10 days. If you download the App you can track your order (they came from Poland). My mechanic fitted them and the car passed the NCT no bother (having failed on 4 leaking shocks at the first try).

Advertisement