Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish living abroad looking to purchase a property in Ireland.

Options
  • 19-07-2023 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi All,

Currently living/working in Switzerland which has provided a good lifestyle. It is a nice country in most aspects especially the work life balance, salary, infrastructure and weather. But for me and my partner Ireland is home for us long term. Individually I would have savings of 100,000 available to purchase a property in Ireland looking towards the future. My partner would also have some savings too we both just turned 30, so thinking of setting a plan in place to move back to Ireland in next 2 years. In terms of moving back I think it should not be a problem in terms of jobs as we both work in very stable industries. Obviously the housing situation is not ideal so wondering what advice I can get to help plan ahead? Is it hard to get a mortgage outside of Ireland? Apologies first post 😅

Advertisement