Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ardnacrusha Power Station tours. July 3rd - September 8th

Options
  • 18-07-2023 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭

Recently visited Ardnacrusha hydroelectric power station for a guided tour. Very enjoyable experience, its super impressive to see the engineering from nearly 100 years ago. One of the greatest engineering achievements on the island. Tour takes about 60-90 minutes and gives a really good overview about the history of the plant and the technical side of things too.

Recommend for both adults and children, lots of stairs though so bear that in mind.

Best of all, it's free of charge.

Runs Monday-Friday (excl. public holidays) until September 8th.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Meeoow

I did the tour about 3 years ago. Really interesting. I'd love to do turlough hill. I went on a school tour there years ago. Must be 35 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,173 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

I did a tour there when I was about 15. So, 25 years ago. I found it absolutely fascinating - but by then I was already a big geek.

Apparently they have revamped the tour, so if its better than what I saw, I think it could be fun for kids and adults alike.

Advertisement