Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Somewhere warm for a month - Dec / Jan

Options
  • 18-07-2023 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭

For the past 13 years we've been spending anywhere between 1-3 months around SE Asia during December / January. Our main motive is to not be in Ireland for Christmas / New Years.

We have decided this year to give long haul flights a break, but again don't want to be here for Christmas / New Years, we can take up to a month away and want to be somewhere warm, be somewhere lively for New Years (and ideally somewhere not totally dead for Christmas).

Is this really possible in Europe? We are not couch potatoes and want a little bit of adventure.... by that, we are happy to move about.

I feel if we did the Canaries we'd get bored being there for that long.

I was thinking Spain... fly into one place, train up along the south coast and then fly out of another (ie. open jaw).

Any other suggestions? Very vague I know but just putting it out there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Sorry, this should be in the main 'Travel' forum - Mods can you move, please?

Advertisement