Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost and opinions for the smallest extension ever ?

Options
  • 18-07-2023 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I would like to avail of the rent a room scheme .

I have a suitable room which is downstairs below my upstairs bathroom and toilet.

If I rent this room to someone the issue is we would have to share a toilet and bathroom which is upstairs.

It looks to me that in theory it should be straightforward to plumb in a standup shower and another toilet down below the existing bathroom because the drain and waste pipe goes straight down to the sewer.

The whole house.is.made.of solid bricks and well insulated.

What would it cost to build a tiny standup shower and toilet right on the other side of this prospective room ? There are no extensions on the house so I have my full planning permission allowance to use up. I just ideally need a tiny one which would suit both myself and anyone renting because we would have privacy for most interactions.

I just need an idea of the potential costs. The back garden on the other side of this wall is big enough for a proper extension but I do not have any short term plans to do this. How much for a tiny extension? The smallest possible for a shower and toilet. All.services would be right where the extension would go.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭FazyLucker

Easiest thing to do is get a plumber around to explain to them what you want to do. If its really as simple as plumbing a shower, toilet and sink.

Don't be surprised if it costs a lot at the moment - plumbers are absolutely flat out and you might have to wait for them to come around to you.

Advertisement