Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fertility test for a guy

Options
  • 18-07-2023 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭

Myself and my are hoping for baby number 2, (our first born will be 3 in December).

Wife is 41, I am 39. We recently had fertility tests done, I had a semen analysis done which showed up low morphology (Teratozoospermic sample).

Motility, count etc.. Was fine.

One other thing on report was MAR IgA was positive (above 50%).

Basically looking for some info on what the MAR IgA positive result means? No further info was given to me.

Kind devastated to be honest, thought everything would be normal, but unsure as to whether I should be devastated.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I don't know the answer to this myself but there are some very helpful Facebook groups for people undergoing IVF where members might be able to explain it to you. Going back to the doctor/clinic who did the tests would also be a better option.

Good luck :)

Advertisement