Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Towbar mounted bike rack on SEAT Alhambra (VW Sharan)

Options
  • 18-07-2023 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

Currently in the process of pricing towbar fitting and platform racks (4-bikes) to go on our SEAT Alhambra.

What I'm wondering about now is if the tilting racks, with bikes in place, will tilt enough to open the boot on the Alhambra.... I've read some different things about people having such issues, but not sure if its car or rack specific.

Does anyone have any experience with a towbar mounted platform rack on the back of a SEAT Alhambra / VW Sharan or similar?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I’ve got a 3-bike towbar mounted bike rack (can’t remember brand) and when tilted down the back/boot door on our Seat Alhambra opens fully without touching it (which is seriously handy).

Advertisement