Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feedback on the Wokeism thread

Options
  • 17-07-2023 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭
    Holding tyrants to the fire

I just saw that the infamous Wokeism of the Day thread has been locked pending a mod review in After Hours. A cursory read over the last few pages of the thread revealed a litany of veiled racist posts, mocking a black girl for her curly hair and insinuations that she should shut up about being a victim of racism.

I have some Feedback relevant to this thread, and ones like it: Perhaps if the boards.ie moderation team didn't threadban every user who offer dissenting voices to racist remarks such as the ones in that thread then bigotry and prejudice wouldn't run as rampantly all over the site as it currently does.

As it stands, the moderators in After Hours are complicit in allowing a culture of racism by removing access to non-racist posters from those threads under the false pretences that posters decrying racism and bigotry are "trolls," or "uncivil."

Calling a racist a racist is not uncivil, nor is it trolling. Being a racist is uncivil. Posting remarks about how curly haired black women are playing the victim when they describe the kind of racist remarks they suffer is trolling. The moderators on this site really need to recalibrate their morality compasses.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭CGI_Livia_Soprano
    Holding tyrants to the fire

Another glance would reveal posts mocking a trans woman's appearance, Austin Powers gifs calling her a man and comparing her looks to men.

This is the kind of culture that festers when you remove dissenting voices from the conversation.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,489 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Not sitewide feedback and moved to Help Desk

OP, have you discussed your concerns with the AH mods? That's the first step before starting any thread complaining about moderation

Please PM me once you have completed that discussion and I will consider re-opening this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 16,426 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

This was closed pending mod review, is there any update on why it was closed and whether it will be reopened?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,489 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

Again please discuss with a forum mod via PM

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement