Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Total station control points

Options
  • 16-07-2023 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi i am having a problem with setting out the site with the total station.

Control points via reflectors on the gable of building we are extending measure between points 13m apart and set easting accordinly.

(10000,10000) (10013,10000) then measured another reflector south of these 20m away.

Set up instrument on these three point and instument error is 1mm.

Survey point 1 for check and it is 1mm out on so happy to proceed.

Foundation drawing on cad altered to line up to station 1 and 2 and points taken off this.

Grid is square so i mark the easting and northing on their values only on the shutters of the pads. To reflect grid lines and holding down bolts are lined up to the marks.

The grid lines are the same intervals but the problem that occurs over 30m the steel tape will read 20mm longer.

When i survey to other points 30m apart and plot them in cad the dist between then measure 20mm longer.

Could anyone help me where did i go wrong?. The instrument was sent back to be checked and they are happy there is no errors with the calibration.

Would you agree with the station points set up even though the instrument is telling me there is 1mm error and when survey these they are reading correct.

Thanks in advance for any help

Advertisement