Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a bit of selling advice

Options
  • 16-07-2023 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi all, long time user but haven't been on in years, Had to Re register on here as the password retrieval process seems to be gimped. (old usernames were damien king and then arcade blasters)

Anyhow Ive decided to move on a couple of old computers. I Had great plans for them but It's not going to happen, I'm just going to concentrate on consoles. see attached pics for details.

Are there any decent irish based online marketplace groups out there? I really want to avoid adverts if possible as ive seen far too much stuff get snapped up cheap or free only to be re listed with a crazy markup. I've done a few swaps with lads on here years back and that was a pleasant experience.

Ive checked ebay and there potentially a few quid to be made but would rather avoid shipping some of these items

Not Really stuck for Cash so I'll be listing these up on the Arcade & Retro Marketplace for swaps as well. Consoles are more my thing.

Also not too sure on pricing, would rather sell to an enthusiast for a fair price instead of sticking retro Tax on it, any ideas?

As per the charter I'm not selling here, just after advice.

Item 1 - Unboxed Amstrad 464 plus with Color Monitor, gamepad and hefty selection of cassettes (at least 50 games, mainly boxed with inserts) Also have a boxed Amstrad monochrome monitor that I hadn't tested yet. gave it a quick once over today couple of games loaded, a couple didn't. Cassette 2 of 6 from the "big Box" collection missing

Item 2 - Unboxed Atari 600 XL with power brick - working

Item 3 - Pioneer px7 - Project / spares or repair

Don't know what was going through my mind when i picked this up, comes with the keyboard but some genius had decided to cut the cord off. seems to power up but then does nothing. had plans to convert into a cool little htpc but I dunno. this thing seems super rare, not much info out there. Anyone familiar with 'em?

Suggestions and advice on all of the above much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

There is the 'Arcade & Retro Marketplace' sub-forum here, but you'd need more posts due to the rules I think. The Pioneer PX-7 MSX1 looks fairly cool :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Damien-King

Yup, tried there first and it wouldnt let me, posted here, then it did! Ad now on marketplace.

It is rather cool isnt it? I wouldnt mind but im seriously into my dj'ing as well and cant stand the Pioneer DJ stuff!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Im sorry but i had to remove it from the marketplace based on the rules there, having said that, I do recognize your username from years back, so ill wave the post count rule of needing 50 in light of that, but please read the forum charter and fill in the template and also you do need to have an asking price on the items. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭Inviere

One thing I've learned over the years is that the market for selling retro stuff in Ireland, outside of the usual common stuff, just isn't great. Take your Amstrad 464+ there, there was an ad on Adverts for one there at Christmas time last year, with the monitor, and it wasn't selling for €100 believe it or not. People just don't seem to be interested for whatever reason. If you get an offer anywhere near your asking for it, I'd accept it if I were you. You can mod these quite easily to bring them in line with 6128+ spec, and add a GoTek for floppy drive games etc, and then they kind of become a complete package, you've the whole library of CPC content on one computer. Here's mine brought up to 6128+ spec - https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058265693/amstrad-cpc464-plus-restoration-repair-super-plus-upgrade

The Atari, you might move that on a bit easier, but there's completed/sold listings for these on eBay which are boxed etc, for that price, so again, it could be a little strong in terms of asking price.

The MSX I've no idea about, never heard of that model. No video and a cut keyboard cable effectively means it's being sold as junk, there's little to no value in it here in Ireland I'd say. You might have better luck on eBay with that one, people might need spares from it etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Damien-King

I hear ya, the only reason ive got these prices on the ad here is because I Had to specify some sort of price. I made it very clear in my ads I'd be more interested in swaps as I think its a nicer way of do doing things in this scene.

I was looking into these 464 mods alright but compared to consoles, the older computers just dont seem to be doing it for me anymore ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Advertisement
Advertisement