Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who remembers this comic strip in the Examiner or Echo circa 1999/2000?

Options
  • 16-07-2023 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭

Can anyone confirm that I'm not the only person to remember a short lived comic strip that appeared in either the Evening Echo or the Irish Examiner about 1999/2000. It was called Girls In The City and was supposed to be a Cork spoof of Sex And The City which I think was just starting to take off on this side of the Atlantic. It had three young women, two blond, one dark haired. The dark haired ones surname was McCarthy. The main reason it sticks in my mind was that it was unfunny in the extreme. The "jokes" or setups made no sense whatsoever. Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Thinking about it again, it was probably called Girls And The City.

It was drawn by this cartoonist who was with the Examiner for years, cant think of their name but I'd recognise their style if I saw it (it wasn't Harry Burton).

Advertisement