If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact

House Insurance

  • 16-07-2023 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭

    Buying a new gaff and looking at house insurance.

    First got a standard occupied house quote from a broker: no issue.

    I then mentioned that we would be doing some refurb which would require moving out for a while, so I asked what impact this would have on the policy cover.

    Response was :

    this policy will not cover you if are planning building works or have works scheduled within the next 6 months.

    You may need to just get an unoccupied house quote for 6 months but generally the only cover on that policy is fire, lightening, explosion and public liability.

    Anyone any thoughts on this: I don't know the insurer.

    ps is there building work PL in a normal house policy?

    “I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.