Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No confidence since break up from 12 mts

Options
  • 14-07-2023 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

I broke up with my girlfriend of ten years just over a year ago .

It was because we both worked too much and I felt that I was on my own so much over the last 8 years raising our only son.

She worked in a 5 a day job and 2 to 3 nights of the weekend in a bar.

She would never talk about our problems

She worked so much to keep herself busy so she could keep her self busy from an abusive past

Along with this I got buried in depression from my own family issues from the past and with the pressure of our relationship I went down with depression and my ex just ignored it and moved out

We get on now for the sake of our son

I am in good enough form again but I feel lonely at times

How do I go about to try meeting someone in their early forties

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Being lonely isn't enough of a reason to meet someone right now.

You say you are in good enough form but that sounds like trying to put a positive spin on something not fully resolved.

Take the time to gey yourself into a better place emotionally and mentally, maybe some counselling and then have a think about if you want a partner for reasons other than being lonely.

To thine own self be true

Advertisement