Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Check In

Options
  • 13-07-2023 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Hi,

I am flying with AL tomorrow, don't have priority boarding. I only have carry on.

Am I right in saying I have to go to the check in desk to "check in" my carry on bag and then bring it on the flight, otherwise pay 35e at the boarding desk?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭89897

No you drop off your bag at "bag drop", it doesnt come on the plane with you. You're essentially checking in your bag and not carrying it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭fitzparker

I'm not traveling but have always wondered. if 2 are traveling and you're "checking it in" can you "bag drop" one 20kg instead of 2 x 10kg?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭89897

I would think not but best to check with Aer Lingus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭thebiglad

As previous poster said best to check but, its something they may allow in Dublin where it is their own staff but I would doubt they'd be as flexible at non Aer Lingus staffed locations on the way home - flexibility I often get in Dublin as a Concierge level member often doesn't apply when I am away from the major airports who barely even recognise the status - so what hope with non standard flexibilities...

Advertisement