Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell me where to go?

Options
  • 13-07-2023 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am looking at booking a week away Saturday week. I am mindful its last minute and also of the heat in a lot of current European locations. West coast of France offers reasonable flight costs and a climate more manageable. Would like to be close to the sea and would you have any suggestion? I have never been to Bordeaux as an example would it be possible to get by without a car? Lisbon is another option but wondering about temperature there? Alternatively Bilboa?

Thanks,

R

Post edited by riddles on

Comments

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Bordeaux is OK but that's all I could say for it. You could get around the city centre fine without a car as there is a tram service there. You can go to wineries from Bordeaux and there's a big wine museum there too if you're into that. Lisbon is a more interesting city. Cascais and Sintra are close by as well. Porto is lovely too if you're looking at that general area.

Post edited by Nigel Fairservice on

Advertisement