Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What laptop to buy

Options
  • 13-07-2023 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for advice on what laptop to buy

These are what I'd like it to have

SSD

17 inch screen

All I will be using it for is excel, word and emails but to don't want something that will be slow if I have a few excel sheets and word open.

I'd like to keep it under €650 I know I might have to compromise on screen size and I'm open to that idea

Microsoft Office isn't included in my €650 budget I will be getting that separately

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Bobby_Bolivia

Have a look at the Acer Aspire 5 range.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,671 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Have a look at the Asus VivoBook range, they come in Intel and AMD processor versions.

Are you sure it's 17 inch you need, this size is quiet large to be hauling around and slightly defeats the mobility of the laptop, it also reduces the number of available models as most people will go for a smaller sized one. In my opinion 15inch is better and you will see a much bigger and better priced range available across brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Conchurl

The laptop will be spending most of the time at home and only leaving the house about once a month, ideally I'd prefer a desktop. But not realistic to be dragging that around once a month. 15inch would probably do me fine

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Conchurl

I will have a look at both of them models later today thanks for the quick replies

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

On sale 17 inch fhd

if you can install windows yourself select no operating system and boost up the memory a bit and battery etc

• Advertisement
Advertisement