Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card on disability or unemployment

Options
  • 12-07-2023 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

Can you get a credit card (visa or Mastercard) if you’re not working? Like you’re unemployed or on disability…

Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi there,

To apply for a credit card online you need to confirm the following:

• I am 18 years of age or above
    • I have been in receipt of regular income for the last 6 months
    • My salary / income is paid into my Current Account
    • I am a permanent resident in the Republic of Ireland and have been for at least the past 6 months
    • I have met all recent payments on my credit commitments e.g. credit cards, hire purchase agreements, store cards, personal loans
    • My mortgage repayments are fully up to date and I am not currently in a forbearance or any other reduced payment arrangement with my mortgage provider. †
    • In the past 24 months I have not entered into any type of arrangement on my mortgage, which reduced my payments to an amount less than the originally contracted mortgage payments †
    • I have an income over €16,000
    • †Only applicable if you have a mortgage

If you wish to discuss this in more detail please contact our colleagues in the credit card sales team on  0818 366 100 between 9am to 5pm Mon-Fri.

Thanks,

Declan

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭whydoibother

An income over euro 16k means euro 308 a week, which is more than the euro 225.50 that a person on disability/unemployment receives per week, so you could have just said “no, the bank of Ireland does not give credit cards to disabled or unemployed people.”

Advertisement