Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fleas! Need advice to help out a grieving mum!

Options
  • 12-07-2023 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hello!

A friend passed away recently and I'm going over to his apartment in London next week to get documents and personal belongings for his folks.

He'd been in the apartment for a few weeks before he was found, and there was a proper clean needed (£5,000!!), and still afterwards there is a flea issue.

I had to cancel a trip a few weeks back because the fleas were still an issue, and even this time, I need to wear a full protective suit, gloves, boot covers, goggles etc to go inside to get the personal items and do a search of the apartment.

His mum is almost 80 and isnt up for doing this so i volunteered.

Anyone any advice on how to deal with this situation? I'm going over as equipped as I can, and will buy sprays etc when I'm there before going in.

Don't know if vacuuming would help, or any other tips. Otherwise will just go in and engage in an all out war with whatevers climbing up my leg!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭mikewest

Flea bomb, close the door and give it a few hours with you out of the place, use second bomb at the same time if very bad.

Chemical warfare

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

fair play for volunteering for that ordeal, OP 😊

tough job there !

sorry have no advice to offer - condolences on loss of your friend...

hope ya get it all sorted out - somehow :eek: thoughts of them minute crawly creepies lurking in everything and everywhere 😥😮

mebbe ya could get a GoFundMe up and running - leave it to professionals might be way forward 🙂🙂🤗

besta luck with it anyhow 😊

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭iqmdublin

thanks for the input! the issue with chemical bombing the place is, I want to do a document search first. and strangely enough, no phone, wallet, keys, pc or anything was found inside the apartment, so its a bit of a mystery as to what happened.

Was natural causes of death apparently, but still very strange.

the cleaning team hasnt gone inside again because of a key issue (internal doors they couldnt get past and which are sometimes closed) But they said after any chemical cleans, to not go in for 7-14 days. and my job is a musician (singer&guitar etc), so I'd be worried about getting my throat wrecked in a chemical bombed place!

the deceased has a considerable amount of funds, so the family will reimburse any expenses and all later on, but for the moment I'm sort of venturing into the unknown with the fleas. wondering whether to buy a decent vaccum, flea/bug spray etc (again being considerate of the throat!), and once im suited up should that be ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭iqmdublin

im laughing at the chemical warfare comment! :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Stigura

How did all this pan out, OP?

• Advertisement
Advertisement