Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending gels, liquids, powders etc., between Ireland and the UK?

Options
  • 12-07-2023 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭

I was trying to post a sample of a cream to a pal in the UK.

It was in those little sample pots pharmacies and make up stores use.

The post office attendant said she'd send it, but said the probability the scanner will identify it and it would be confiscated, was almost certain.

Does that sound about right?

Would a small sample container of liquid/gel really get confiscated sending it from Ireland to England?

In physics we trust....

Post edited by whiterebel on

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

If its on their list of prohibited items, then yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Sugar_Rush

So they're strict about it.

I never actually considered this before, as I get creams etc. sent all the time, just not from the UK.

Though have had them delivered to the UK parcel app forwarding services, no problem.

In physics we trust....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Sugar_Rush

The other consideration being, it's just a cream in a non-descript plain sample pot.

They wouldn't know what it is, technically.

But may remove it cause it's a "liquid/cream" of sorts.

In physics we trust....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Mod: you may want to familiarise yourself with the charter here and in the courier forum. Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement