Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attic/Cavity insulation - Gorey area - anyone recommend installer using SEAI grants

Options
  • 12-07-2023 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey everyone, hope I'm posting the right place!

I'm wondering if anyone in Gorey area can recommend supplier who does wall/attic insulation through the grant system.

I'm newish to the area and worried about using someone that is not reliable.

Also any tips really welcome in regard to the materials spec that should be used - and anything else to watch out for.

my house was built around 2000 but for holiday use so it's really cold and badly needs insulation. I've very little budget so need the grant to do it. I'm cautious about making a mistake and want to make sure it's done well.... thanks in advance 😊

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭fitzparker

SEAI have a list of approved companies that do it,

• apply for the grant first and get approved
    • Contact the company and pay them in full
    • Get a BER rating done
    • Apply for grant

Money took about 3-4 weeks for me to come back

You do need to pay in full to the company then claim back the grant (will not be the full amount refunded back)

(I went with a company called 5 counties but a number of houses in my area also use Rob Lacey (both are local to Gorey)

Advertisement