Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rosslare Fishguard Ferry - check-in etc

Options
  • 12-07-2023 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

I'm driving to Wales this week via the Stena from Rosslare to Fishguard. I haven't been on the ferry in 20 yrs and wondering about check-in. Email says it closes 30 mins before sailing which is fair enough but wondering how early I need to be? Any benefits to being two hours early vs rocking up 45 mins early? I'm guessing it will be busy given the summer season. Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,927 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I took Stena Line to Holyhead from Dublin last month and was wondering the same. I arrived 30 mins before departure. You drive past a kiosk and they have your reg on file so they know who you are, and give you a boarding pass. Then you wait about 20 minutes and they'll start boarding.

They don't even check passports or anything, it's a delight compared to flying. Have fun, the area around Fishguard is beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭sekond

We did this trip recently. We arrived about an hour or so before departure and waited in the queue for about 20 minutes before we were allowed on.

Arriving earlier means you are closer to the head of the queue and so has the slight benefit of being able to have a better choice of seating when you get on the ferry - it's a bit of a scrum sometimes to get a seat/table.

Advertisement