Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arriving 1 hour 10 minutes before flight at Dublin Airport: Is this OK?

Options
  • 11-07-2023 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

I'm flying out to Madrid early September from Terminal 1 at 9.35 am. I'll arrive at Dublin Airport on Kavanagh's bus around half 8. Can anyone tell me if this is enough time as I won't have a bag to check in and I'll have already checked in online so it's just straight through security when I get there. I'm a bit anxious about the time I arrive so thanks in advance for any replys that help.

Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

It could be tight, you're also taking a risk in Kavanagh's bus being on time.

It's certainly doable but you're going to want the bus to arrive on time. Personally I would try get there earlier to have a buffer in case anything goes wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,459 ✭✭✭✭elperello

No, you won't have anything to spare if the bus is delayed at that busy time on the road.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Morning is the busiest time at the airport. Your gate will probably close 30 minutes before your departure time so you probably won't have the full 70 minutes to make your flight. If everything goes well you might make it but any delays with traffic or security screening you'll be goosed. Buy fast track for security or get an earlier bus if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭RurtBeynolds

I would be anxious about that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭ShakerMaker91

Thanks for the replys ya I think best thing to do is look to get an earlier bus up i think an hour might be too tight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Tork

Don't even think about that bus. Go earlier. You are depending far too much on everything going your way; the bus having a seat for you, the trip to the airport going without a hitch, the security queue moving swiftly and your departure gate being nearby. I have mentioned the bus having a seat for you for a very good reason. Somebody I know was let down by Kavanagh's not too long ago, despite pre-booking a seat with them. It's too much of a chance to take.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Unless it was very off peak quiet time, maybe. Kavannaghs are very unpredictable as they go in through Dublin City Centre so you are at the mercy of the traffic. Not worth the risk in my opinion. That’s one good thing about Dublin Coach they go from the red cow directly to the airport and it is much quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Citizen  Six

Book fast track as well, to speed you up through security.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭pat_sconce

What day?

If a Saturday or Sunday, it would be doable.

Monday to Friday - not a chance.

But even on a weekend you can have holdups considering the crazy driving on the m50

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Hungry Burger

I’ve been stung by Kavanaghs in similar situations over the years, I used to go back to work in England, I’d leave the car in the UK and fly Ryanair to get home because it was cheaper than getting the ferry. Anyway, one time the bus broke down and I ended up missing the flight, the next flight wasn’t until the next day and I ended up being late for work and nearly getting the sack! I got onto Kavanaghs after and basically got an email back saying these things happen, not our fault.

Another time the bus was 35 minutes late showing up and I missed the flight again.

They are generally grand but like someone said before the going through Dublin City Centre situation can be a disaster depending on the traffic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement