Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mains water pipe under neighbours garden

Options
  • 11-07-2023 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this.

We where recently contacted by Irish Water regarding a possible leak on our property. Leak investigation team were sent out and located it in the neighbours front garden. Having spoken with the neighbour, although slightly hesitant, seemed happy enough to allow Irish Water to carry out the required remediation works providing the garden was returned to its current state.

Thankfully this is all covered under the First Fix scheme (we just moved in this year, funds are tight). Going forward though I'd like the piping removed from my neighbours garden and placed solely within our own boundaries. Whilst we are in good standing with our neighbour I'm worried about the future if they where to move etc... Is this something we could request from IW on this basis?

Advertisement