Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DUB-TRN-DUB advice

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭martco

DUB-TRN

need some advice, I wondered if anyone on here has practical experience travelling this route? there's only one carrier.

I think I spotted a nice opportunity for a value 4 day break in Alpes-Haute area of France, idea being:

• DUB/Turin on the Tuesday morning, carhire scenic drive across the mountain (about 3-5 hours)
    • 3 days at a nice little well regarded campsite someone put me onto (close to Barcelonnette, Alpes Haute area)
    • back across the mountain Friday afternoon, dump car back and stay at basic hotel close to airport
    • Turin/DUB home on the Saturday morning

all great (and crazily it's cheaper than either similar trip to Kerry or Cornwall)

except we're fretting about the reliability of the return leg. that particular carrier have shafted us several times in recent history (different destinations all mainstream too) always it's the leg back to Dublin and I'm very fearful of them now. I have a day job I have to be back in Dublin for Monday, we can neither from a financial or time or trauma point of view afford yet another planes trains automobiles odyssey to get back to Dublin. the one thing is I'm thinking given it will be a morning flight there'll be no excuses and it looks like usually it runs (from what I can see on the flightradar)

anyone know the craic? thanks

Advertisement