Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belmayne area safe?

Options
  • 10-07-2023 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

i am thinking of buying a house in belmayne area and it's near to the social housing building. Is the area safe for living. I am moving with my wife and 5 yr old daughter, so cant risk it. I lived there in hermitage aparments like 3 yrs ago but dont know how it is now. Please let me know. Thanks in advance

Indr

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭herbalplants

I know couple of people living there and perfectly safe.

Living the life

• Registered Users Posts: 3 indr143

Cause I seen lots of houses in the area are for sale and that too in perfect condition. So wanted to know why. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭RichardAnd

Assuming one of the balconies of the apartments there doesn't fall off and land on top of you...

I know the area well, and I've never had an issue there.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭KLF

It's still a relatively new area with the final pieces of land now being built on. I would recommend the side nearer the hall in the wall road / Father collins park. I find the Northern Cross / Malahide road end a bit hectic with traffic and general busyness.

The only anti-social behavior I've seen is when joy riders from Darndale direction come through Northern Cross on the rare occasion. Last year a car drove down the path opposite the Hilton and people had to jump out of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭herbalplants

Also may I add house prices in Belmayne are not cheap.

Living the life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Col_30

Overall the area is fine. I lived in the estate next to it for a number of years, Parkside. It was a really nice area to live in.

The Belmayne estate was affected by pyrite, so ensure you enquire about this and insist on the appropriate pyrite remediation certificates.

There's quite a bit of social housing peppered throughout Belmayne. A lot of the houses/apartments did not sell after the crash and many of the vacant units were sold off to housing associations. This is not just the big red brick prison looking block on the malahide road (that was only built recently), but in the estate itself. I'm not saying this is a problem and I personally didn't ever see any trouble, but I would recommend visiting the property at different times of the day to see what the neighbours are like.

If it was me, I would rather a duplex in Parkside over a house in Belmayne, or stretch myself for a house in Parkside as it's a really lovely area with great community spirit. Also, consider Beltree the other side of the park. Similar to Parkside, but a little cheaper and closer to the dart station at Clongriffin.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,588 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I've friends who live out that way, bought a 3 bed terraced house about 4 or 5 years ago.

House is very spacious inside and built to a decent spec. I'm not too fond of the area though, it's definitely still in that awkward phase where there's lots still being built and it has a bit of a construction site/wasteland vibe to it.

Also wouldn't fancy being that close to Darndale / Clarehall shopping centre myself for obvious enough reasons.

It's a relatively safe area, I've never had any hassle. Lot of it isn't the prettiest though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 indr143

Thanks guys. Just wanted to makesure as I am moving in with my 5 yr old and my wife. Not young enough to take risks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Post edited by antimatterx on

• Registered Users Posts: 34,588 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Yeah my friends 3 bed cost 325,000 if I remember correctly, but that was I'd hazard a guess at 4 years ago.

Probably closer to about 380k now. It's a lot of house in Dublin for the price.

• Advertisement
Advertisement