Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1.85 spacer with 8 speed cassette with11 speed wheel

Options
  • 10-07-2023 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

HI guys,

I was wondering about buying a 1.85 spacer, to allow me fit my 8 speed cassette, to a wheel designed for an 11 speed casette. Does this sound like it'd work? Any advice appreciated!!

P.S.: Search isn't working on boards thus I can't see if someone has already raised my question previous.

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭nilhg

I think that should be fine, AFAIK 8, 9 and 10 speed cassettes are the same width and will work with the 1.85mm spacer on 11spd hubs

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭fidero

Nilhg, thank you for your followup!!

Just wondering is there any trick/ s to installing the spacer? I find youtube is full of medoker, how to videos. Any pointers, very much appreciated!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭nilhg

You need the tools to take off and install the cassette first, then just put the spacer on the freewheel and slide the cassette on after it, tighten everything up and you should be good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭fidero

Hi nilgh,

Thanks once again for your prompt reply, can't say the same for myself, this time :-).

All I now need to decide on, is replacement clincher brake shoes, which I can change the brake pad on and I'll do up my big bike order :-}

Advertisement