Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I get proof of insufficient mortgage offers, so I can apply for a Local Authority Home Loan?

Options
  • 10-07-2023 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Hi All,

I am wondering how I get proof of insufficient mortgage offers, so I can apply for a Local Authority Home Loan?

To qualify for the loan you need to have two banks reject the loan requests but I am not having a specific property picked out yet.

I could get up to a 306k mortgage approved by the banks. I could get 324k via the Local Authority Home Loan.

Do I just submit mortgage applications for 324k to two banks and have them reject them?

Thanks for any input.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭shawki

Easiest thing to do is apply for mortgage with a bank to get AIP.

You don’t need a rejection just an insufficient offer.

From the form.

“Be able to provide proof of insufficient mortgage offer from two regulated financial providers.“

AIB took a day.

BOI took a few days.

Advertisement