Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I pay the east link toll

Options
  • 10-07-2023 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭

Hi, went through port tunnle for the first time today and paid for that, then hit the east link for the first time, as I drove up to the barrier is opened automatically and caught my registration. Normally I either pay the toll with my car at the time or else pay online 'eflow' for the m50 - however this one said 'etoll' not 'eflow' now I can't find the option online - where do I pay this toll???

Also - what is with having so many toll providers? Is this some kind of sick joke?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭KLF

The east link is a scam, after the 30 years private partnership ended and it was more than paid for it was transferred to Dublin City Council who simply voted amongst themselves to keep the toll and divert the money collected to their own coffers.

So it is a standalone type thing, if you have a tag from eflow or others then it can be paid for this way, and the barrier lifts. If you are saying you have no online account then it seems like the barrier was accidentally lifted and the screen just showed the reg it was reading at the time. There is a booth in the center lane and they can lift the barriers if a car is stuck because the coin machine was acting up and so on. If it's busy sometimes they will just let a car through instead on going over to investigate.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,942 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Ring them and ask,  01-668 2888.

I used a pre paid debit card a few years ago on the M4 and M6 tolls, after a week the money wasn't taken so I called them up and paid with a different card.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭BrianG23

So what you're saying is...I'll just leave it?

The missus accidentally paid eflow thinking that was it, online on the site which is an option there

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 68,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

There is no way to pay them retrospectively for a mistake on their part in not charging you,

• Advertisement

Thanks alot

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lucan123

Please tell us that she didn't accidentally pay eflow from a link in a text message she received saying you haven't paid your toll

No no just the regular eflow ahab. Scamming ****

• Registered Users Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭zg3409

If car has a tag from any provider it will beep and bill that provider. The eflow tag will open non M50 toll barriers and apply the fee.

It's unlikely it was free.

Advertisement