Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for good Family Law solicitor recommendations

Options
  • 10-07-2023 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello all,

Cabra / Phibsboro area

I have a married female friend looking for a recommendation for a good solicitor who knows and has experience in family law - separation agreements/process. 2 kids, and marriage has failed unfortunately. If you can recommend anyone please PM me I would really appreciate it.

Comments

The names in Dublin which I keep hearing recommended for family law are:

Michael Sheil, Blackrock

Brendan Dillon, Churchtown

Justin Spain, Baggot Street

Muriel Wall, Baggot Street

Keith Walsh, Crumlin

I wouldn't imagine any of these are cheap, and you're probably talking c. 400- 500 Euro for your first meeting (including 23% VAT for the stagerringly inefficient and secretive family law legal system from the Irish State - and the longer your case goes on, the more money it costs you and the more money the Irish State makes from lengthy, protracted divorces so don't expect family law reform any time soon with that self-interest!).

Somebody has recommended Lorna Duffy in Ranelagh to me, too, but I don't know anything about her. Some of the collaborative lawyers here might also be worth checking out: https://www.southdublincollaborativelawyers.ie/

Advertisement