Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giving up Vaping: Recommendations?

Options
  • 10-07-2023 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I started smoking (socially) around five/six years ago and was also very much against it. It was something that I would do when I was drinking and would rob them off friends etc. Realising that this wasn't that cool, I ended up buying my own eventually which meant I smoked more. Decided in 2018 or so to get on the vape. Would only vape socially and then during lockdown I realised I could vape when working from home and basically got very into it... Now I am on them constantly and I am beginning to get worried about my health. I know that they are supposedly less harmful, but it has a hold on me that I really dislike. I suffer from anxiety regardless, so I feel like this might just be another anxious trait that I feel like I 'need' to vape to keep anxiety under control.

I tried the gums before to no real success and just wondering what others would suggest? I know I should just go into a chemist but I am worried about the withdraws and feeling a lot of anxiety. I would love to just go back to vaping the odd time at the weekend, but I don't think it works like that... ha. I only vape 6mg juice, but the in a 10ml thing of juice, I'd say I would go through aorund 3/4 of a bottle a day or so... Can't believe I let it get to this point.

I rarely get sick, but recently I've had a series of chest infections and I'm not that flipping stupid to not realise why. I need to give up, but I am worried about the anxiety and worried about drinking and wanting to vape. I dunno -- just a bit of a rant here. A friend of mine is off the vape for two months and is still craving it big time and she said it's very hard. Eugh!

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

Got myself patches today... didn't vape too much today and just put it on...

Will use this to keep myself on track!

Coming up to day 4 vape free! Using patches the odd time when I am craving as well as the mister, but really not doing that bad.

Have a few nights out and holidays coming up.. eep.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭65535

My own experience was to gradually reduce the nicotine level in the vape until I had it at zero.

Then I still used it until I needed it no more.

Thanks! So a few weeks later and I no longer vape during the week at all. I vape at the weekend when having a drink and that's it. Fairly happy with that.

Advertisement