Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod removing details of post

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 13,778 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

This does not fall under the remit of Dispute Resolution, so I have moved it to Helpdesk.

You mentioned a business by name and asked are they as bad their reputation suggests. You were looking for recommendations. There was no need to specify a particular company and imply that they are not reputable. It was not a "critical detail" of your post. The Moderator removed the name of the company and allowed the rest of your post to remain as you were looking for recommendations. I'm not sure where the lie is, or what you mean by "bogus heavy-handed actions".

Edit: I have closed your other thread on this same issue.

Post edited by Big Bag of Chips on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

The charter says supplier. It does not say servicer. Big difference. Furthermore this was the second thread. There was an earlier post that the moderator deleted with any explanation. So you are engaging in the events. The other thread was not on the same issue. It was on the first case.

You named a company and implied they were not reputable. If you were just looking for recommendations you could have just asked for recommendations. The fact that you keep pushing this same point about this particular company makes me question your motives. You are keen to name them and call their reputation into question. The moderator of the forum has made it clear that this line of posting is not welcome whilst still allowing the main topic of your post to remain.

If you just want recommendations then ask for recommendations.

The charter may need to be updated, I will discuss with the moderator.

I'm not sure what the first case was about as I cannot see the deleted thread. But it seemed pointless to have 2 threads open by you with a similar complaint.

The Dispute Resolution forum is only for disputing official warnings or forum bans. Any other queries/complaints should be posted here in the Helpdesk forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

Question my motivations? Are you suggesting I want to praise them? You ignored the whole point that are I am reporting two incidents, not one.

I didn't ignore anything. You are reporting 2 similar incidents. I am dealing with them via this thread. Starting multiple threads is unnecessary.

You posted twice naming a company asking are they are bad as their reputation suggests, that you'd heard very bad things. First time the thread was deleted by a moderator who is moderating alone, and was on holidays. In an ideal world he would have PMd you to explain, but sometimes a quick delete of a thread is necessary. Second time you started a pretty much identical thread, naming the same company, again questioning the reputation of the company. This time the moderator just removed the details of the company name but left the "looking for recommendations" part of your post to remain so you could get recommendations. You have been pushing a certain angle with a named company asking are they as bad as their reputation suggests, that you've heard "very bad things". So no, I am not suggesting that you want to praise them.

If you have an issue with a company post about it on your own page. You are not entitled to do so here.

If you would like recommendations on servicers then ask for recommendations. If you are doubtful about a particular company then go with someone else.

I am repeating myself now and see no reason to continue doing so.

Thread locked

Post edited by Big Bag of Chips on

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement