Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer Process

Options
  • 08-07-2023 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

For any serving member, what is the process of requesting a station transfer like (to a different division/part of the country)? How long do you have to be in your first station to make a request? Particularly for an area like Dublin, are we talking years before a request would be granted? Would you need a specific reason for it to be considered?

As someone considering joining, I'm obviously aware that you don't get to choose where you go starting out. I'm just curious if things get better in that regard. Would seem tough to be sent somewhere you're not too keen on and having no realistic chance of getting moved again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 vidar

You can apply for a transfer once you are out of your probation period. It varies thn how long your waiting, depends on numbers available to replace you coming into the division. You can reason for transfer onthe application and these may be taken into account.

But yes for getting out of Dublin I'd expect to be waiting a number of years

Advertisement