Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a cheapish beginners bike on the racier end

Options
  • 08-07-2023 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭

With a recent running injury dragging on, I'm looking to get into cycling a bit more seriously - at least until the injury sorts itself, if ever. I currently have a decathlon drop bar bike (RC520) that I used for commuting for a few years, but it feels like a bit of a heavy workhorse. I wont be commuting any more and would like something a bit faster for sunday spins or the odd short dash (25-30km). Maybe the very occasional sportive if things go well.

I've no idea whether I'll stick with the cycling long term, nor whether I'll have much talent (speed is very mediocre so far), so I don't want to spend much - but at the same time I'd like to give it a decent shot.

So as I see it, my options are spending something around the B2W scheme limit, or a used bike. Just this week a used Planet-X pro carbon caught my eye for €650, but I've no idea whether it's a bargain or not. With new bikes, I've no idea where to start. Any recommendations?

Comments

Advertisement