Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immersion not heating

Options
  • 08-07-2023 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭

My immersion tripped and it's not heating after I flipped the fuseboard switch back up.

I tried setting it just to sink but still not working. I know there is a reset button but not sure what to do. Can I remove this cover and check it out. I'll turn the power off from the fuseboard first 😜

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭kirk.

What tripped ? It's probably faulty

There is a reset in them but probably not the issue

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭windowcills

Is the light on the immersion switch working

You can remove that cover but first make sure the power is off as the metal cup could touch the terminals

Then the reset button is obvious enough, or google it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

The light is working but no heat

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Reset button could be somewhere near that rather than under it. Tiny button, probably need a pen or pencil to press it.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

I'll check that out tomorrow, thanks. Not a good idea to go looking after a couple of glasses of wine 🤪

• Advertisement

Well I took the cover off and the wires look burnt. Definitely a job for the professionals. Now to find an electrician

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭kirk.

I was wondering ,had to be something other than faulty heater or cutout popped

Breaker tripped and then light on but no heat, not what you'd normally expect

Repair or a competent plumber might swop it out and reconnect new heater

Post edited by kirk. on

Advertisement